Choosing a Post Acute Center
A valuable online tool is “Nursing Home Compare” found in the “Search Tools” area of medicare.gov.
The Medicare website has a list of items that may help you determine what facility is best for you. Visit medicare.gov to find the full checklist or review this partial list below.
- The SNF provides the skilled care you need, and a bed is available.
- The SNF has special services if needed in a separate unit (e.g. dementia, ventilator, or rehabilitation), and a bed is available.
- The SNF is located close enough for friends and family to visit.
- Residents are clean, appropriately dressed for the season or time of day, and well groomed.
- The SNF appears clean and well kept.
- The temperature in the SNF is comfortable for residents.
- The relationship between the staff and the residents appear to be warm, polite, and respectful.
- All staff wears name tags.
- There is a full-time Registered Nurse (RN) in the SNF at all times, other than the Director of Nursing.
- Residents may have personal belongings and/or furniture in their rooms.
- Each resident has personal storage space (closet and drawers) in his or her room.
- Residents have access to a personal telephone and television.
- Residents have a choice of roommates.
- Residents, including those who are unable to leave their rooms, may choose to take part in a variety of activities.
- The SNF has outdoor areas for resident use and staff help residents go outside.
Safety & Care
- Residents get preventive care, like a yearly flu shot, to help keep them healthy.
- Residents may still see their regular doctors.
- Care plan meetings are held with residents and family members at times that are convenient whenever possible.
- The SNF has corrected all deficiencies (failure to meet one or more Federal or State requirements) on its last state inspection report.
Serve With Us
We invite you to be part of our caring team today. Browse through our available positions and apply online. Thank you for your interest in Oroville Hospital Post Acute Center.
Oroville Hospital Post Acute Center
1000 Executive Parkway
Oroville, CA 95966